Viewsonvenice.com is managed by VIEWSONVENICE S.r.l. (“VOV”), its registered office is located in San Marco 4267/A – Venice, Italy.
1. Our Policy Everyone has the right to protection of his/her personal data.
VOV respects its users’ right to be informed regarding the collection of and other operations involving their personal data. In using data, that may directly or indirectly identify you personally, you will apply the principle of strict necessity.
For this reason, we have designed viewsonvenice.com in such a way that the use of your personal data will be kept to a minimum and will not exceed the purposes for which your personal data was collected and/or processed; we do not process your personal data when we can provide you with services through the use of anonymous data (such as marketing research made for improving our services) or by other means which allow VOV to identify you except when it is strictly necessary or upon request of the competent public authorities or the police (as, for example, in case of traffic data or your IP address).
VOV determines the purposes and means for the processing your personal data, including security measures, as VOV controls viewsonvenice.com users’ personal data.
2. Who Processes Your Personal Data VOV controls the use of viewsonvenice.com users’ personal data; VOV autonomously determines the purposes and means of use, including security measures, for the protection of personal data.
For organizational and operational purposes only, we have appointed certain entities that will also process personal data belonging to viewsonvenice.com ‘s users, such purposes which are strictly connected to the performance of services on viewsonvenice.com.
The above mentioned processors have been chosen by VOV because of their experience in processing personal data and they provide sufficient guarantees in respect of compliance with data processing law (including the technical security measures governing the processing to be carried out). In processing the personal data of viewsonvenice.com ‘s users, the processors shall act only on instructions from VOV. We regularly ensure that our processors comply with our instructions and that they provide sufficient guarantees on their full compliance with the provisions on personal data processing.
The processors of your personal data are:
– Engitel S.p.A., for purposes relevant to the maintenance of VOV servers and main applications;
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive an up-to-date list of data processors.
3. How Do We Use Personal Data and for What Purposes Your personal data is collected and processed by VOV for purposes which are strictly connected to the use of the web site and its services (ie property booking). However, your personal data may also be used for other processing operations within the limits of such purposes.
In particular, your personal data shall be processed for the following purposes:
when you register with our website we collect your personal data (for example, your personal details, user ID and password, e-mail address, gender) through the relevant registration form in order to provide you with services in reserved access areas of viewsonvenice.com (ie. Shopping cart) and in order to send you our newsletter, when specifically requested;
when you require Customer Care services, we collect your personal data (for example, your user ID and password) for purposes strictly necessary to provide you with customer care services relevant to viewsonvenice.com services;
when you require technical assistance, we collect your personal data in order to provide you with information on net-surfing, Internet browsing or viewing and downloading web pages;
Your personal data is mostly processed by electronic means and in some circumstances by paper-based means, when, for example, the processing of your personal data is required in order to prevent fraud against viewsonvenice.com. Your personal data shall be stored in a way which allows VOV to identify you for the period that is strictly necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected and subsequently processed and, in any case, in accordance with applicable law.
Please report any modification or amendment of your personal data to email@example.com in order to ensure that your personal data is always accurate and kept up-to-date and however adequate and not exceeding the purposes for which your personal data was collected and/or processed.
Your personal data shall not be disclosed to third parties for purposes which are not permitted by law or without your explicit consent.
Your personal data may only be disclosed to third parties when it is necessary in order to process an order. For example, your personal data is disclosed to Banca Popolare di Novara e Verona S.p.A. for the performance of electronic distance payment services, through credit/debit card, when you purchase a product on viewsonvenice.com. Moreover, your data may be disclosed to the police or to judicial authorities, according to law and upon a formal request by such entities, for example in the event VOV needs to prevent fraud on viewsonvenice.com (anti-fraud services). Data processors will also have access to your personal data, as stated in paragraph 2, for the specific purposes stated in the same paragraph. In all the above circumstances, your consent for data processing is not required.
Your personal data may be disseminated to the public after receiving your approval and only for the supply of services on viewsonvenice.com, for example, in order to allow VOV, upon your request, to post your comments and suggestions on viewsonvenice.com, as testimony for viewsonvenice.com.
We wish to inform you that VOV shall process its users’ personal data for purposes that are strictly connected to the supply of services on viewsonvenice.com, execution of contracts related to the sale and purchase of products on viewsonvenice.com and, after receiving your consent, in order to send to you information on new commercial initiatives which are strictly connected to the web site’s activities and services.
VOV shall process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, also by e-mail, only after receiving your consent.
4. What Happens if You Do Not Disclose Your Personal Data to VOV Your personal data supplied to VOV (in particular, your personal details, your e-mail address, your address, your credit/debit card numbers and bank code and your telephone number), are necessary for the processing of your request for booking on viewsonvenice.com, or when your personal data needed to carry out obligations arising out of applicable laws or regulations.
The refusal to provide VOV with some of your personal data necessary for performing the above purposes, may consequently prevent VOV from processing your request for booking on viewsonvenice.com or from supplying other services provided on viewsonvenice.com, as for example Customer Care services, to send the newsletter, to post your comments and suggestions on the home page, or to carry out the obligations arising out of laws and other regulations. Failing to provide data may imply, in some cases, a legitimate and justified reason for VOV’s refusal to process your request for booking on viewsonvenice.com or to provide services on viewsonvenice.com.
Disclosure of further personal data to VOV, other than that required in order to fulfill legal or contractual obligations, or in order to provide the services required, is, on the contrary, optional and does not have any effect on the use of the web site and of its services on viewsonvenice.com.
In some circumstances and if required, from time to time, we will duly inform you if personal data you are disclosing to VOV is compulsory or optional. We will point out to you whether the disclosure of your data is compulsory or optional by marking with an appropriate font (*), the information that is compulsory or data which is needed required in order to provide the required services on viewsonvenice.com. Failing to disclose optional personal data will not imply any obligation or disadvantage to our users.
5. To Whom Your Personal Data Will Be Disclosed Personal data will be disclosed to third party companies which provide, on behalf of VOV, specific services as Data Processors or to other recipients of personal data collected by VOV, which autonomously process your personal data only for the performance of a contract for the booking of a property on viewsonvenice.com (such as, for example, Banca Popolare di Novara e Verona S.p.A.) and only when such purpose does not exceed the purposes for which your personal data was collected and subsequently processed and, in any case, according to applicable laws and regulations.
Personal data will not be disclosed to third parties or disseminated or transferred, without informing our users of such disclosure/dissemination/transfer and without their consent, when required by law.
6. How Do We Collect Your Data on viewsonvenice.com When you are using viewsonvenice.com, some personal data might be collected automatically (through the so-called “cookies”), for example, when we automatically collect users’ IP addresses and other information regarding the users’ data traffic or the users’ preferences in the choice of services provided on this web site and of the products purchased through the provided services.
This information and data are collected directly and automatically by the web site as part of its operational functions. This information and data are then processed in a collective and anonymous way for commercial purposes in order to optimize the services provided on viewsonvenice.com for the needs and preferences of the web site’s users.
In other circumstances, VOV directly collects personal data and information from its users when they register on-line with viewsonvenice.com or when they send request for booking on the web site in order to finalize e-commerce transactions.
Nevertheless, VOV cannot guarantee that the security measures adopted for the protection of the web site and for data and information transmission on viewsonvenice.com will prevent or exclude any risk of unauthorized access or of loss of data. It is advisable that your computer is provided with software devices for the protection of network data transmission/receipt (such as updated antivirus systems), and that your Internet services provider has taken appropriate measures for the security of network data transmission (such as, for example, firewalls and anti-spam filtering).
8. Cookies Viewsonvenice.com uses automatic systems of data collection, such as cookies. A cookie is a device transmitted to the hard disk of an Internet user; it does not contain intelligible information but it allows linking between an Internet user to his/her personal information provided by the user on viewsonvenice.com. Cookies are disseminated by our servers and no one may gain access to the information contained therein. Only VOV processes information collected by cookies, in a collective and anonymous way, in order to optimize its services and its web site for the needs and preferences of its users.
We have provided cookies in connection to functions such as site log-in.
9. Your Right to Access Personal Data and Further Rights You are entitled to obtain, at any time, confirmation from VOV as to whether or not data relating to you is being processed, whether the data is not yet registered, and the communication in intelligible form of the data undergoing processing.
You are entitled to obtain at any time from VOV:
a) the updating, rectification or when you require it, the integration of your personal data;
b) the deletion, the transformation into an anonymous form or blocking of your personal data (if unlawfully processed), including data which does not need to be stored for the purposes for which it has been collected and subsequently processed;
c) the confirmation that the operations under letters a) and b) have been reported, (together with the contents of the same), to whom the data was disclosed or disseminated, except when it becomes impossible or if it means exceeding the protection of the relevant right.
You are entitled to object, in all or in part:
a) for legitimate reasons, to the processing of your personal data, even if it is related to the purposes for which it was collected;
b) to the processing of your personal data for advertising or direct marketing purposes or in order to carry out marketing researches or commercial communications.
You may freely and at any time exercise your rights, provided that you do so in compliance with applicable laws, by sending your request to VOV at the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply to you in order to satisfy your request.
10. Links to Other Web Sites viewsonvenice.com contains links to other web sites which may have no connection with viewsonvenice.com or with VOV.
viewsonvenice.com provides links to other web sites exclusively to help its users in their searches and net-surfing activities and to allow links to other web sites on the Internet. When VOV provides links to other web sites, VOV does not recommend the use of these web sites and does not provide any guarantees to their web content or to the services and products supplied and sold by these web sites to Internet users.
11. Contacts If you wish to receive further information on how VOV processes your personal data, please send an e-mail to the following e-mail address email@example.com.
The Italian Personal Data Protection Code guarantees that processing of personal data will be carried out in compliance with fundamental rights and freedom of individuals, as well as of their dignity, with particular reference to confidentiality, identity and to the right to personal data protection.
Also see our Disclaimer.